Sunroom installations are a popular home improvement project for many homeowners because of their versatility and inherent value. They provide beautiful environments for relaxing after a long workday or entertaining friends and family.
But finding the best time to begin your sunroom installation project can be tricky. Starting sunroom construction too early can disrupt daily activity, and by beginning too late you won’t enjoy your sunroom during the prime seasons. Here’s what you should know.
Considerations for When to Add a Sunroom
The optimal season to consult with a sunroom installation company and begin designing your ideal sunroom is during the late fall or winter season. During the winter months, you’ll have the peace of mind that you’ll have plenty of time to properly design your space, prepare the site, and ensure timely project completion regardless of any weather-related or other inconvenient hurdles or setbacks.
For many homeowners, requesting sunroom design and installation services during the spring or summer means that, with a four- to 12-week completion schedule, they won’t be able to lounge in their new living space until at least early autumn as the weather begins to chill.
By scheduling your sunroom installation project during the winter, you’ll also take advantage of the following considerations:
- Contractor Availability: Most homeowners request contractors for various home remodeling projects from mid-March through December. By scheduling sunroom installation during these peak construction times, you may find that contractors have less time to dedicate to your project and will need additional time for completion due to limited resources. Winter months are when construction companies and sunroom installation teams have lighter schedules and can take the attention needed for personalized care and quality solutions.
- Predictable Weather Conditions: While winter months are typically not the most comfortable for anyone, it’s easier for professionals to predict upcoming inclement weather and plan schedules around upcoming storms or events. During the spring and summer, however, unexpected thunderstorms can strike and delay construction.
- Timely Project Completion: Sunrooms are most often enjoyed by homeowners during the most pleasant and comfortable times of the year like the spring and summer months, not late fall and winter. By starting the design and construction phases during the winter, you can ensure your new sunroom is finished in time for spring and summer and not as the outside temperatures are cooling.
How Long Does It Take to Build a Sunroom?
While sunrooms are a straightforward construction project that takes less time to complete than several alternative home improvement projects, homeowners should still anticipate up to 12 weeks for proper installation. How long your sunroom installation will take to complete, however, largely depends on the style and features you select during the initial design phases.
At Garrety Glass, we take great care and personal attention in all of our sunroom design and installation projects by following these steps:
- Design Consultation: During our initial free design consultation, our team of experienced experts will work with you to determine your needs, lifestyle expectations and budget. We’ll explore the different sunroom designs and upgrades we offer, including HVAC and electrical, and determine your construction timeline.
- Site Preparation: Before construction begins, our team will visit your property to take final measurements and thoroughly inspect the site to solidify the foundation and finalize any specific infrastructure requirements. At this time, we’ll also collect necessary permissions and schedule inspections.
- Selecting Materials and Final Installation: After final measurements have been confirmed, we’ll send off the necessary instructions to BetterLiving to begin the construction process. Once the roofing, flooring and walls have been built, we’ll begin assembling your sunroom to your exact specifications.
Call Garrety Glass Today to Receive a Free Sunroom Installation Estimate
If you’re a homeowner in Central Pennsylvania and looking for a beautiful, high-quality sunroom installation, contact the design and installation experts at Garrety Glass. To learn more about our sunroom products or request a free installation estimate, call us today at 717-741-9949 or complete our online contact form.